If you are using a laptop, then it’s common that you will get issues on your Apple laptop like excessive battery drainage, data loss, issues with the logic board and many others. And if you are unsure of your problem, then it is better to do your laptop repair from an expert.
The below list will not cover all the issues but will share some of the common problems which most apple laptop users face. Here are the problems and the ways for your Apple laptop repair.
5 Common Problems of Apple Laptop
1. Power-Related Problems
Some of the important parts of the Apple laptops are PRAM (Parameter Random Access Memory), NVRAM (Non-Volatile Random Access Memory), and SMC (System Management Controller). All these components are responsible for processing and storing of crusial functions for the startup. However, the new Apple laptops do not include the PRAM, rather, they come with NVRAM.
The time zone information, disk selection for the startup, and volume of the speakers are all controlled by the NVRAM. And, the SMC controls the power-related settings. Hence, to solve the power-related problems, you have to reset the NVRAM, SMC, or PRAM.
By following the given steps, you will be able to successfully reset the NVRAM:
- First, you have to shut down your laptop, and then after turning it on, press the option R, P, and the command (⌘) and keep holding.
- For the old Apple laptops, you have to keep pressing down the buttons until you hear the sound of the start-up. But for the new models, you have to keep holding the buttons for about 20 seconds.
- After that, you have to release the buttons.
- Lastly, open the System Preference, and ensure that the reset is successful.
Now, to resolve the battery and the power-related problems you have to reset the SMC. Follow the given steps to do it successfully:
- First, you have to shut down your laptop.
- After that, you have to press the power button, and then press the ‘Option + Control + Shift’ simultaneously and keep holding.
- Then, release the buttons and your laptop will be booted.
2. Apple Laptop Battery Problems
Battery drainage is one of the most common problems faced by Apple laptop users. If you are seeing that the battery is draining faster, then you have to reset the Power Management and then restart your laptop. For this problem, resetting the SMC will also do the job.
Resetting the SMC:
- Switch off your laptop.
- After that, press the power button. Then, hold the ‘Option + Control + Shift’ keys together.
- Lastly, release the buttons and your laptop will reboot.
This is a very easy way to do your laptop repair in your home.
3. Folders get Removed Automatically
This has also been an issue with some of the Apple laptops users. If you are facing this problem, then the best way to avoid this situation is to keep the backup of the data. Try using the iCloud, the cloud storage introduced by Apple. Or, you can even save the files on some external SSDs and hard drives.
If you find that the mail folder is missing after an update, then you can try to re-index and re-build the application for the Apple Mail. By doing so, you will be able to solve this problem. This process of re-indexing and re-building will require a large amount of memory, hence your laptop may lag a bit during the process.
4. Unresponsive Apps
Ocassionally, some apps may malfunction and hang your laptop. And during such hang, the screen freezes and you are unable to anything on the laptop. You will not be able to quit either. However, you can access the Force Quit menu. You will find it in the upper-left corner of the screen, in the Apple icon. Or you can press ‘Option + Command + Escape’ to access it. Then, form this menu, select the app which has hung and ‘Force Quit’ on that app. This will bring your screen to normal.
5. Issues with the Logic Board
To solve the issue of the logic board, you can run the Apple Diagnostics. This will troubleshoot the problem accordingly. You can run the Apple Diagnostic by the given steps:
- At first, you have to disconnect all the device which are connected to your laptop.
- Then, restart your laptop, and keep pressing down ‘D’.
- You will see that Apple Diagnostic has started. When it will finish the process, it will show you the list of all the problems found on your laptop.
All of these are a very common problem faced by Apple laptop users. And these Apple laptop repair steps are quite easy and you will have no problem in doing it in your home by yourself. However, if you are facing some other problem and you are not able to understand it, then you can connect with any of the laptop repair professionals. It is better to show an expert about your problem if you are unsure about it.