While you are trying to print important documents from your computer using your HP printer, is there any error showing “Driver Is Unavailable”?
Unavailability of Drivers is a common issue now that is reported by several HP Printer users around the globe. But this seriously needs to be fixed now.
But, before hoping to the fix, are you aware of why the error “hp printer driver unavailable windows 10” is showing up on your PC.
It is either because your printer drivers is missing or your printer drivers have become corrupt. It could also be incompatible with your device or may have become outdated. You will need to check what actually is the problem with your printer.
There is nothing to worry about when you have already appeared here with your problem. We will come up with a few solutions to this error. You have to try and check which one works for you.
How to fix if the HP Printer Driver is Unavailable?
If your computer doesn’t recognize the printer driver, it is definite, that you won’t be able to use your printer for printing jobs until and unless you get a fix to the issue. To be honest, this is a very common issue with Hp printers. But it can sometimes be annoying for you, especially when you need to print out an important document. So, follow the instructions mindfully to troubleshoot the error seamlessly.
Take a look at the solutions:
Uninstalling your HP printer is the easiest and best solution to counter the error” printer driver is unavailable”. So, why not start with this fix. You either have to uninstall the Hp printer or look for a compatible driver with your device.
1. First Uninstall your Hp Printer
Well. we will show you both methods, but let’s start with the first one.
- Start by heading to your keyboard, and press Windows Key + R at the same time.
- Once the dialogue box comes up on your screen, type in Control in the box and hit the Enter button.
- When you are in the control panel select the Devices and Printers option.
- Now, all the printers will be given in a list. You just have to right-click on the printer that is causing the error and then choose “Remove Device”.
- Once it is done, come to the home screen and then press Enter+ R at the same time to open the run box.
- When it appears, type in “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
- Once the “Print Queues” comes up on your screen with a list of printers, make a right-click on your printer and click on “Uninstall Device”.
- Now again press “Windows + R” at the same time and type in “appwiz.cpl” in the command center and hit the Enter button.
- Within seconds, a list of all the printers will come up on your screen. Spot your printer and right-click on it and then select “Uninstall”
- After you are done with the installations, make sure that you disconnect your printer from your PC if it is connected via USB connection or unplug it from the router.
- Now shut down your computer and printer(and router if any). Plug out all the power cables attached with your printer and PC
- Now, wait for more than 10 minutes. Once it is over plug in all the cables, just like the way it was before. Do not forget to connect your computer to your printer using a USB cable.
You are almost there. Just wait for the printer to detect and then let it install the essential drivers by itself.
Now, head back to the control panel and spot your printer. Make a right-click on your printer and then “Set as Default Folder”
The last thing is to try and check a test page and see if it is solved.
If it still shows that your HP printer driver unavailable, then you can try the next step.
2. Manually reinstalling the required drivers
The solution given above has worked out with many users and could also work out for you. But, if it didn’t work out, this method will surely do. Sometimes it is noticed that a printer is running completely fine but Windows update has seized your Hp printer from working. Windows drivers can cause trouble a few times, especially with HP printers. So, it is best to select the needed driver manually and then update it.
Note: Before we start discussing this method, go to the manufacturer’s website and download the driver that is compatible with your Printers.
- Press Windows + R at the same time to run the launch and then type in “devmgmt.msc” in the Run box and then press Enter.
- When your device manager comes up on your screen, scroll down below and locate Print Queries.
- Now right-click on Print Queues and choose “Update Driver”.
- A pop-up will appear on your screen asking you, which way you want to update the driver. Here, you have to select the second option “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- Now, select the downloaded driver file using the browse button when it shows up and then update it respectively.
If your printer does not appear in the device manager, then you have to just run the installer and it will automatically install the drivers.
If your Hp printer is working properly, then go to the official Microsoft website and download this suit “wushowhide.diagcab”.
Run the package and click on Next. Then, a pop up will appear on your screen, you have to click on Hide Updates.
We have discussed on How to troubleshoot if Hp Printer Driver is Unavailable. I hope this article has helped you to quickly solve your driver unavailable for hp printer. Many HP printer users have tried and solved this error by themselves.