A WLAN driver is a software program that helps a computer to configure and run WLAN devices. This provides support for the WLAN devices on Windows systems like Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10. But with the system updates and upgrade of OS, you need to update 802.11n driver WLAN drivers from time to time to avoid the compatibility network connectivity issue.
So, if you are looking for the procedure to update your 802.11n driver, then here you get comprehensive details on how to do it.
A Brief Note on 802.11 n WLAN Driver:
If you are a Windows user and you are using 802.11n WLAN USB 2.0 devices, then you have to install the 802.011n WLAN driver update. Moreover, the 802.11n driver update will help the 802.11 devices to maintain a good condition for the 802.11n devices. These devices are like wireless internet adapters, wireless cards, and routers. All these devices help the users to broadcast a wireless signal and connect their system to the wireless network.
Among these devices, wireless internet adapters are very portable and effective. The Terabyte WiFi adapter driver is among the best in the market. This is connected to the computer through a USB port. Whereas, a wireless card is installed within a computer. The network adapter driver supports the communication of 802.11n. It also supports dual-band communication. So, if you have such a network, you will have no problem communicating with that network.
Ultimate Procedures to Update 802.11n Driver:
So, let us see the procedures for downloading the 802.11n updates and installing them:-
Procedure 1: Manually Update the 802.11 Driver
You can go to the manufacturer’s website and download the update manually. Some devices come with DVDs or CDs. You can use these to install the drivers on your computer, or you can directly download it from the website. When you are on the website, you have to search for the latest version of the update and download it.
However, you can also use the Device Manager to download the 802.11 n WLAN driver. You are able to manage and view the driver software and the hardware devices on your system. Follow the given steps to complete the update process successfully:-
- Make sure that your computer is connected to an internet network.
- Then, press the X and Windows key at the same time. This will open the “Jump List”.
- From the list, you have to click on the “Device Manager” option.
- Then, you have to expand the entry of “Network Adapters”.
- Now, find the “802.11n Network Adapter” option on the list and right-click on it.
- From the menu, you have to select the “Update Driver Software” option.
- After that, click on the “Browse my computer for driver software” option.
- Next, you have to press the “Browse” and find the driver of 802.11n that you have downloaded.
- Further, you have to click on the “Next”.
- After that, you have to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the driver update.
So, this is how you can install the updates for the driver of 802.11n manually.
Procedure 2: Automatically Download the 802.11n WLAN Adapter Driver
If you choose to perform the updates automatically, then you have to install a Driver Update. Since you are using the Windows OS, your best option is to go with Driver Easy. It is the best driver update tool for Windows. After installing it on your system, it will recognize your system automatically and will help to download the correct drivers.
So, let us see the procedure to install the 802.11 n WLAN driver successfully:-
- First, you have to install the tool of Driver Easy.
- Open Driver Easy and click on the button of “Scan Now”. After that, it will scan your computer to see if there is any problem with the drivers.
- After that, select the “Update” option beside all the devices that are flagged. This will help with the automatic download of the right driver version. Then you can install these updates on your system.
- You can also click on the “Update All” option. This will download all the updates automatically and install them.
- Lastly, you have to reboot your system so that the new changes can take effect.
So, this is the procedure to automatically download the driver for the 802.11n devices.
The above-discussed procedures are the most effective and the easiest steps that you can obtain to install the 802.11n WLAN adapter driver. Follow these steps carefully to install the driver and use your WLAN devices to their fullest.