If you are using an Xfinity router, then in order to make any changes in the settings, first of all, you have to log in to your Xfinity router. So, it is important to know the setup process of this router. If you don’t know the Xfinity router login process, then do not worry anymore.
Here, we are going to discuss the complete procedure for how to access Xfinity router. You just have to read the instructions written in tiny fonts in the instruction manual.
Reasons to Access Xfinity Router:
One of the questions that you must be asking is the reason why you need to do an Xfinity router login. Actually, there are various reasons for this login, like changing the password for security reasons, doing small tweaks on the wireless network, and firmware updates. The process of login is very simple and you can do it yourself once you know the process.
Step-by-Step Procedure to Access Xfinity Router:
So, let us see the procedure in a step-by-step manner to access the Xfinity router successfully:-
Identify the Xfinity Router IP Address
When you are going to login to the Xfinity router, the first step is to identify the default Xfinity router IP address. Generally, the IP address is “10. 1. 10. 1”, “192. 168. 100. 1”, or “192.168. 1. 1”.
However, if none of these IP addresses works, then check the router or the box that came in. You will be able to find the IP address at the bottom of the router or in the manual of the router.
Another way by which you can obtain the default IP address is by using the Command Prompt.
- Click on the R and the Windows button at the same time. This will open the Run dialog box.
- After that, you have to write “cmd” in the Run box and hit the Enter button. This will bring up the “Command Prompt” window.
- Then, write “ipconfig” and hit Enter.
- Now, from the list of adapter information, you have to find the “Default Gateway” option.
- The Xfinity router IP address is the IP address present beside the “Default Gateway”.
Xfinity Default Router Login
Many of the routers have credentials for default login. So, you can also do the Xfinity router default login by using its default login credentials. Generally, “admin” is the default username and “password” is the default password. There are some other sets of usernames and passwords.
These can be like “root” for the username and “root” for the password. Another possibility is “cusadmin” for username and “highspeed” for the password. You can use these credentials or if you want, you can change them also.
Changing the Password for the gateway Wi-Fi of Xfinity:
- At first, you have to do the router login. To do that, you have to open your browser and enter the IP address of your router. After that, a page will open where you have to enter the login credentials. You have to use your default credentials, or if you have changed the username and password earlier, then enter those credentials.
- When you have logged into the router, you have to go to the sidebar on the left side. Here, you have to select the “Gateway” option. After that, click on “Connection” and then select the “Wi-Fi” option. Then, you have to select the “Edit Wireless Network” option.
- Here, you have to select your password. Create a strong password and also make sure that it is easy to remember. After you have successfully created your password, you have to save it.
Xfinity Router Login with the New Username and Password
Now, you have your new login username and password. You can use these credentials and login to your Xfinity router. However, sometimes the router can be used by another user and the default login credentials have been changed. In such a case, you have to reset your router.
So, to reset the router, you have to take a paperclip or any thin object. Then, keep pressing on the Reset button. You have to hold it for about 40 seconds. You have to wait until the blinking light turns off and then start again. Now, you have to release the Reset button and the reset is completed. After that, you have to perform the steps to log in the same way you have done previously.
I hope that you have understood the process of how to access Xfinity router. This is the easiest process of Xfinity modem login and you will not fail to log in if you use this process.