Many online scams happen when you are doing transactions through online banking. During your transaction, the cybercriminals are able to record all your banking details. With this information, they can withdraw all your money. There is also some malware that can capture your login credentials by examining your keystrokes. Your banking information is the primary target of every cybercriminal because they want nothing more than money. Avast was a very safe and secure antivirus software before, and with the introduction of this Avast Bank Mode, it has become even more efficient in protecting the users.
Avast Bank Mode review
The Avast Bank Mode feature is included within the Avast Browser. When you are doing your online transactions, it seamlessly opens an isolated Windows desktop session. You can consider this as a private room that makes sure that your keystrokes are protected from any spying eyes or keyloggers.
Avast Bank Mode can be used in many ways other than just online banking. It is capable of providing privacy and security whenever any sensitive data or some type of info for payment is involved. You can use it for other things like:-
- managing cryptocurrencies
- managing investments
- Online shopping, and many more.
This Avast Bank Mode can be turned on manually before you do a transaction. You can also set it to its automatic settings, for which, it will turn on every time it senses that a transaction is being made.
Working of the Avast Bank Mode
It starts working by creating an isolated environment for the desktop and then opening the browser within this environment. This environment is a safe space and even your installed applications cannot access it. The malware is kept out by its high security “walls”. It keeps all the suspicious things including the request from your own system outside.
Installing the Avast Bank Mode
In order to get the benefit of the Avast Bank Mode, you have to install the Secure Browser as well as the Antivirus software from the official website of Avast. After installing them, you have to follow the steps below to access the Avast Bank Mode:-
- Go to the icon of Avast Secure Browser and double click on it. The browser window will open up.
- Now, you will see an Avast icon on the top-right of the screen. Click on this icon. This will open the window of the “Security & Privacy Center”.
- Within this window, you have to select the option of “Open” on the “Bank Mode” tile. This will open the Avast Bank Mode virtual desktop.
Now you can make an online transaction or visit the banking website safely.
Managing the Avast Bank Mode
Managing the Bank Mode is very easy. You just have to follow few simple steps to close the Banking Mode window or add an application to the taskbar or switch back to the normal browser window.
Switching off the Avast Bank Mode
Turning the Bank Mode off is very easy.
- On the window of the Avast Bank Mode, you have to look at the bottom-right corner of the screen and you will see a red power button. Click on it.
- Now, a prompt will appear asking if you are sure that you want to close Avast Bank Mode. You have to click “Yes” and confirm.
That’s all you have to do to turn off the Avast Bank Mode.
Adding an application to the taskbar of Avast Bank Mode
- Look at the bottom-left corner of the screen and you will find a “+” icon. Click on that icon.
- After that, choose the application that you want to add to the taskbar. Then, press the option of “Open”.
- Then, an Avast informational dialog box will open and you have to click the option of “Add”.
Now you have successfully added the application to the taskbar. You have to first right-click on the icon of this application if you want to remove this application. Then, select the option of “Unpin this program from the taskbar” from the menu. Doing this, you will successfully remove the application from the taskbar of Avast Bank Mode.
Changing between the Secure Browser and Bank Mode
It is very important to know how to change between the Secure Browser and the Avast Bank Mode.
- When you are in the Secure Browser, you have to go to the bottom right corner of the screen and click the button of “Bank Mode”. This will take you to the virtual desktop of the Bank Mode.
- However, if you are in the virtual desktop of the “Bank Mode”, then you have to go to the bottom right corner of the screen and press the button of “Switch back”. This will take you back to the window of the Secure Browser.
When you switch from the Bank Mode to the Secure Browse, the Bank Mode will stay open in the background. It will not turn off completely until you manually turn it off.
Configuring the Avast Bank Mode settings
It is recommended that you use the Avast Bank Mode for all banking and payment websites. However, there are some settings that you can customize within the Bank Mode. Follow the steps below to open the Bank Mode and configure the settings:-
- Open the Avast Secure Browser by double-clicking on the icon.
- You will see an Avast icon on the browser window, at the top right corner of the screen. Click on this icon and the “Security & Privacy Center” window will open.
- Now, within this window, you have to click the tile of “Bank Mode”.
- After that, on the screen of the Bank Mode, you will be able to customize these three settings:-
- Show Bank Mode notification prompt on banking websites– By setting this option, the Bank Mode will show notifications when you will visit a banking site. Then, you can enable the Bank Mode by clicking on this notification.
- Automatically open Bank Mode on the Following Websites– Here, you will be able to set the sites for which you want the Bank Mode to open.
- Don’t show Bank Mode notification prompt on the following websites– In this option, you can add the website for which you want the Bank Mode to be disabled.
Final verdict: Is Avast Bank Mode safe?
With all its amazing security features, Avast Bank Mode is surely one of the safest options if you are looking for a secure online transaction session. If you keep the Avast Bank Mode enabled for all time, then it will be more effective. By using the Avast Bank Mode, you can be assured that no malware or hacker will ever be able to record your bank details and other financial information.