BCM20702A0 is a Bluetooth chipset device that helps to correspond between the Bluetooth Gadget and the working framework of the system. So if you want to use any Bluetooth gadget on the computer, then you need to have an updated BCM20702A0 driver Windows 10 installed in the system. Because a corrupted or outdated driver can cause a lot of problems.
So, if you are here with a query on how to fix BCM20702A0 driver error, then you are in the right place. Here, we have discussed the causes as well as how to fix BCM20702A0 driver error Windows 10.
Probable Causes of the BCM20702A0 Driver Error
Several factors can lead to an error with the bcm20702a0 Bluetooth driver. Below, we have mentioned some common causes of problems with this Bluetooth driver.
- Malware Attacks: One of the most common factors is a malware attack. Malware gets into your system and keeps on affecting it if you forget to keep the system security on. It can spread so much that it starts affecting the device driver of the system.
- Sudden Powercut: When you are installing the BCM20702A0 driver Windows 10, you must complete the process correctly. If due to any reason, like a power cut, the installation stops, then that might result in this driver error.
- Outdated Driver: Sometimes this error is shown when the Bluetooth driver is outdated. The error might occur when the Windows Update goes into something wrong.
Whatsoever the reason is behind the error with BCM20702A0 driver Windows 10, it needs to get fixed so that you can use your system without any issues. So without wasting any more time let’s jump to the instructions to fix the error.
Tried and Tested Solutions to Fix BCM20702A0 Bluetooth Driver Error
Given below are some of the best solutions to fix the error. So, just go through it till the end and thereby fix the error.
Method 1: Run a Scan
Check the easiest fix, before jumping to the more complicated ones. As you are aware that this error can occur when your system is having malware, therefore you can try to scan the hard drive of the system to check if there is any.
- Open the Start menu and search for the Windows Defender Tool. Alternatively, you can go to the Settings menu and click on the Update & Security option. From the left panel, click on the Windows Defender tool to launch it.
- Next, you have to run a scan to ensure there is no malware in the system. When the Windows Defender Tool launches, you’ll get the options: Quick Scan, Full Scan, and Custom Scan.
- You have to go with the Full Scan of the system. Click on the Full Scan option and wait until the scan is complete. If the tool is able to find some malware or virus in the system, then remove them from the quarantine as well as from the system.
- Also, you can use any third-party antivirus or malware removal tool for scanning.
However, if the tool is unable to find any malware or virus in the system, you can try out the next method to fix the error.
Method 2: Reinstallation of the Bluetooth Driver
If you find the above fix does not solve the BCM20702A0 driver error Windows 10, then you can go for the manual reinstallation of the BCM20702A0 driver. And to that, you have to go through three processes. Check out the instructions for doing so.
Step 1: Uninstall the Bluetooth Driver
Before you go with the reinstallation of the driver, you have to uninstall the driver from the system first.
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box. Once the box opens, type “devmgmt.msc” and then hit Enter to open the Device Manager. Alternately, you can search for Device Manager menu in the Start Menu.
- When the Device Manager opens, scroll and navigate to the Bluetooth section. Right-click on the Bluetooth section and click on Uninstall. This process will ensure that you have removed the driver from the system.
Step 2: Download the Bluetooth Driver
Once you have removed the driver from the system, you now have to reinstall the Bluetooth driver. But before that, you have to download the installation file of the driver.
- Open the browser.
- Then open the manufacture’s website.
- Now locate the Bluetooth section of the website and there you can download the latest BCM20702A0 driver Windows 10.
- Navigate to the Download button and thereby download the driver.
Step 3: Install the Bluetooth Driver using the Device Manager
Once the above steps are done, you now have to install the driver using the Device Manager.
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box. Once the box opens, type “devmgmt.msc” and then hit Enter to open the Device Manager. Alternately, you can search for Device Manager in the Start Menu.
- When the Device Manager opens, scroll and navigate to the Bluetooth section. Right-click on the Bluetooth section (or it may show as Unknown Device) and click on the Update driver option.
- Thereafter, when the “How do you want to search for drivers?” appears, just click on the “Browse my computer for driver software” option to continue.
- After that, just go through the on-screen instructions. Thereby, you will reinstall the Bluetooth driver. Now check if the error still exists or not.
Reinstallation of the drivers in most cases fixes the issue when the system shows BCM20702A0 driver is unavailable.
Hopefully, now you know how to fix bcm20702a0 driver error. Check which method actually solves the problem for you. However, you can also try other third-party applications to download the driver, which would be easy and simple.