Despite Clownfish being so popular, it sometimes experiences some issues resulting in it unable to work properly. So if you are here with the same issue, then you are in the right place. Here, we have discussed how you can get rid of this problem of Clownfish not working as well as Clownfish not changing voice.
Probable Causes of the Clownfish voice changer not working
Usually, there are two instances of the Clownfish Voice changer not working. One is when the application fails to work for Discord or Skype. And secondly, when the Clownfish totally fails to work on the PC. And all this technical problem can be caused due to a number of reasons in the system. Some of the common causes of the problem are an incompatible version of Skype, or when the microphone you are using is not synced with the Computer. Also, many users reported about the Clownfish not working Discord app
Fixing ‘Clownfish Not Working’
As you are now aware of the causes for Clownfish Not Working, you probably are asking for the solution to fix the issue. Good news for you. Here we have come up with a number of different solutions to fix the issue of Clownfish voice changer not changing voice and other related issues. You can go through the instructions given below to solve the issue and thereby overcome the problem.
Solution 1: Update Clownfish to the Latest Version
To enable you with the best service as well as to work seamlessly, the developers have to come up with updates. So you have to stay up to date with the latest version of Clownfish. Apart from that, the updates fix a lot of bugs and errors in the application. Go to the official website of the Clownfish and thereby check if there are any available updates for the application. Then install it in the system and restart the PC.
However, you can also get to the boot menu of the Windows in Safe Mode to diagnose if there is an external application that is causing the issue. If you find that Clownfish is running flawlessly without issue in the Safe Mode, then there might be some third-party application in the system that is causing the problem. To find the third-party application, start enabling them one by one, and then check which one is causing the issue with Clownfish
Solution 2: Check the Skype Version
Microsoft officially checked for this problem, and they concluded that computers without the SSE2 instruction set will not be compatible with the latest versions of Skype. In addition to that, if the newer version of Skype is not fully compatible with the computer, then a lot of different features will not be activated for Clownfish.
Streaming SIMD Extensions 2 (SSE2) is an Intel SIMD (Single Instruction Multiple Data) instructions set with Pentium 4 and above. Not to worry, SSE2 is compatible with almost every PC system available in the market.
You need to check the version of Skype that you have installed on your computer if you are using it in an older PC. Also, Microsoft clearly stated that Clownfish is not available to work correctly in the new Skype application of Windows.
- From your PC, launch the Skype application installed on the system. When the Skype application runs, click on the profile picture of yours located at the top-left corner of the Skype window.
- Then when the new window pops up, from the list of options, click on the “About This version” option to check the version of Skype you are using on the PC.
- Thereafter, all the information on the Skype version you are using will be listed.
- Next, If you own an older PC system, then it is recommended that you downgrade the version Skype to 7.5.
- After that, once you have downgraded the version of Skype, check if you can use Clownfish without any issues or not.
Solution 3: Install the microphone in Clownfish application
To translate the voice by the Clownfish application, it needs to get connected with the microphone that you are using. This is very important for the ones who use the application for Discord. So you need to install the microphone to fix Clownfish not working on Discord.
- Firstly, start the Clownfish application.
- Now navigate to the Clownfish icon which is located at the bottom right corner of the Taskbar and right-click on it. If the icon is hidden then click on the up-arrow and you’ll see the Clownfish icon.
- Locate and click on the Setup options. Then click on the System Integration button to open the setup menu.
- Then you have to select the microphones that are working properly with the Clownfish application and click on the Install option.
- Lastly, you have to restart the system and check if the issue is fixed or not.
If you are finding that Clownfish is not changing voice, then you can go through the above instructions to solve the issue.
Solution 4: Install Clownfish in the default location
A Default folder means the initial install location provided by the installer when you are installing any application. And when you install the application in any other drive, this issue might occur. So, you need to install Clownfish in the default location as prompted by the installer and check if the issue resolved.
- Press the Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog box. When the box appears, type “appwiz.cpl” and then hit Enter to open the Add/Remove Application option.
- Now scroll to the Clownfish application from the list of applications. Then right-click on the application and click on the Uninstall button.
- Thereafter, the application will be removed from the system.
- Then from your browser, open the official website of the Clownfish. Then check and download the latest version of the Clownfish.
- After that, you have to install the application on the system. Double-click on the downloaded setup file. Then when the Choose Install Location option pops up do not change the initial location of the install. Then just click on the Install button to install the application in the system.
- Once the installation of the application is complete, restart the system. Then check if the problem is solved or not.
Is Clownfish Voice Changer Safe?
With so many great features the Clownfish is widely used by many users across the globe. However, you might have thought about “is Clownfish voice changer safe?”. Fortunately, yes the Clownfish is very safe to use. Also, it does not affect the performance of your PC.
Hopefully, if you were here with the question about how to fix clownfish voice changer? Then perform the solutions stated above one by one and check which one works for you in solving the issue.