Many of you might be familiar with Discord. But, for those who do not know, Discord is an application for free text and voice chats for gamers. It is supported on Linux, Android, Windows, macOS, and iOS. This is the most famous voice chat application among gamers. However, sometimes you can come across this “Discord won’t open” error displayed on the screen.
Due to this error, Discord fails to launch and the screen turns black. This is also popular as a Discord blank screen problem. If you are facing this problem, then do not worry as here we will be discussing some of the methods to solve this Discord not opening problem.
Probable Methods for Fixing the “Discord Won’t Open” Error:
There are several methods that you can use for fixing this Discord blank screen problem. So, let us check each of these methods one by one:-
Method 1. Restart Discord
- First of all, you have to open the Task Manager. You can also open it quickly by pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys at the same time.
- Go to the tab of “Process”. Then, locate the Discord application and click on it. After that, you have to press the “End Task”. This will end the process of Discord that was running in the background.
- Now, restart Discord and check if the problem is still there.
You can also stop the background process of Discord with the help of Command Prompt. Here is how you can do that.
- Press the R and the Windows buttons simultaneously. Now, in the Run dialog box, you have to type cmd and then press Enter. This will open the Command Prompt.
- Now, in the Command Prompt, you have to write the following command line and press Enter.
taskkill /F /IM discord.exe
This will end the process of the Discord. Now, try restarting Discord and it is most likely that the problem will be solved.
Method 2. Remove the Data Content of the App Completely
Deleting the local app data as well as the app data folders completely is one of the effective solutions to fix this problem of Discord app won’t open. So, let’s check out the steps to complete this process successfully:
- First of all, you have to stop the process of Discord. You will be able to do this by following the previous solution.
- Now, you have to open the dialog box of Run. To open the Run box, you have to press the R and the Windows button simultaneously. After that, you have to write “%appdata%” within the Run box and press Enter.
- You have to find the folder of “Discord” in this new window and then delete it.
- Lastly, launch the Discord again.
Now, you also have to delete the local data. To do that, you can repeat the above process, but you only have to replace “%appdata%” with “%localdata%”. Now, open Discord and see if the problem of “Discord app won’t open ” is still there.
If the problem is still there, then you can uninstall Discord. After that, you can follow the above method to delete the LocalAppData and the App data. After that, install the Discord application and check if the error of “Discord won’t open” still exists.
Method 3: Log in to the Web Version of Discord Application
Sometimes, the “Discord won’t open” error of your Windows apps can be solved by logging in to the web version of Discord. When you log into the Discord on its web version, the problem will be solved automatically. So, let’s check out the process to log in to the web version of Discord.
- At first, you have to open the official website of Discord.
- Locate the button for “Login” and click on it for logging in. Provide necessary information to complete the login process.
- Now, you have successfully logged in to the Discord application and the problem with your Discord app will be fixed automatically.
Open the Discord app on your computer and check if the “Discord won’t open” error is still occurring.
Method 4: Stop the Proxies
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing the R and the Windows button simultaneously. After that, you have to write “control panel” in the Run box and press “Enter”.
- Then, you have to select the “Network and Internet” option. After that, select the “Internet Option”.
- Now, go to the tab of “Connections” and then select the “LAN settings” option.
- Next, you have to go to the “Automatic Detect Settings” and check its box. Then, you have to locate the option of “Use a proxy server for your LAN” and uncheck this option.
- After this, your proxy servers will be successfully disabled. Now, the “Discord not opening” problem will most likely be resolved.
Method 5: Flush the DNS
The Discord blank screen problem can be resolved by flushing the DNS. So, let’s go through the listed below steps to complete the process:
- First, you have to press the X and Windows keys simultaneously. This will open the Admin menu. Now, select the “Command Prompt” option.
- Here, the process of Command prompt will run as Administrative form.
- Choose the Yes option.
- After that, in the Command Prompt, you have to type “ipconfig /flushdns” and then press Enter.
Your procedure is complete and now you can close the Command Prompt window. After this, the “Discord won’t open” error will be solved.
Method 6: Update
There is also a chance that your “Discord won’t open” error might be caused because your Discord version is out of date. By updating the Discord app, you can solve this Discord blank screen problem. Also, if you have not updated your Windows in a while, then it can also be the reason behind this Discord failing to open error. In such cases, it is advised to perform the latest updates available for your Windows and it can also solve the problem.
All the above-discussed methods are easy to perform and very effective in solving the “Discord won’t open” error. You can choose any method to try out first and if that does not work, try other solutions. Hopefully, these solutions will solve the Discord not the opening problem.