Printers are a perfect way to get your important files or documents printed. However, most of the users complain that while trying to print their files or documents they are unable to do it and receive the “Epson Printer Offline” error message on the screen. This problem happens after upgrading to Windows 10.
It implies that there are some communication problems between the Epson printer and the device. As a result, the device fails to communicate with the Epson printer and restricts you from using the printer.
This problem mainly occurs, if there is a problem with the internet connection. This is a critical problem but can be fixed easily.
Causes of Epson Printer Offline Error Message
There may be a number of reasons for the occurrence of this problem. Some of the most common reason that causes the Epson printer offline error message are as follows:
- An outdated version of the Epson printer driver.
- Incorrect the printer settings
- Corrupted or faulty printer driver.
- The print spooler service is stopped running.
- Windows Firewall or third-party security software
- An older version of the Operating System
Follow the next segment to get all the effective solutions for the Epson printer offline error message on the device.
How to Fix Epson Printer Offline Issue on Windows 10
There are several procedures that you can try to resolve the Epson printer offline error message on the device. Below we have discussed each procedure in great detail to help you solve this error message on your computer.
Procedure 1 – Check the Printer Connection
When you get the Printer offline status on the Epson printer, it is possible that something is wrong with the communication between the device and the Epson printer, through the network connection.
Therefore, you need to check if the printer is correctly connected or not with the computer. If there is a problem with the internet connection, then you should solve this issue as soon as possible. To do that follow the steps hereunder:
- Press the Power button to turn off the printer as well as the device.
- Disconnect all the cables from the printer as well as the device and the router.
- Wait for a few seconds
- Connect all the cables and then press the Power button from the printer as well as the system to switch on the printer. Now check if the printer performs correctly or not.
Procedure 2 – Change the Printer Properties
Incorrect printer properties can cause this error message on the device. Therefore, you should change it by following these steps:
- Press the Start button and select the Control Panel.
- When the Control Panel window opens, double-click on the Devices and Printers section.
- Locate the Epson Printer and right-click on it. After that, select the Printer Properties button.
- In the Properties window, navigate to the Ports tab and select the Printer’s IP address from the list and then click on the Configure Port option.
- Unmark the box next to the SNMP Status Enabled button and then click on the OK button to save the changes.
Procedure 3 – Restart the Print Spooler Service
According to the users, sometimes, if the print spooler service is stopped running then you may get the Printer Offline status on the device. So, you should restart it immediately. To do that follow these steps cited below:
- Press the Win + R buttons at the same time to launch the Run box.
- Type services.msc and then click on the OK option or hit the Enter button.
- Once you are in the Services window, find the Print Spooler, right-click on it and then select the Restart button from the menu list to start the service.
- After restarting the service, check if the error message still shows up or not.
Procedure 4 – Check the Printing Status
Another effective procedure by which you can get rid of this error message on your computer is to check the printing status. To know more about it follow the directions given below:
- Press the Start button and I key together to launch the Settings window.
- In the Settings window, go to the Devices section and click on the Devices and printers.
- Find the Epson printer, right-click on it and then select the See what’s printing option.
- If the printer is not set as the default printer, then right-click on the Epson printer driver and select the Set as Default Printer option.
- Then again right-click on it and choose the See what’s printing option from the menu list.
- Click on the Printer and the untick on the Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline options.
- Once you are done with these steps, check if it solves the error or not. If the problem is not solved then move to the next one.
Procedure 5 – Update the Epson Printer Driver
The Printer Offline error message can be caused by an outdated printer driver. So, you must keep the driver up to date. You can do this by following these directions.
- Go to the Device Manager window.
- In the Device Manager window, go to the left panel and locate the Print Queues, select it to expand.
- Right-click on the driver and choose the Update Software driver option.
- After completing the update process, reboot your Windows device and then check if the problem is solved or not.
Procedure 6 – Run the Printer Troubleshooter
Running the Microsoft troubleshooter can fix several problems that you have encountered on your computer. A troubleshooter is an in-built tool for Windows. To run this tool, follow the directions as stated below:
- Press the Windows Home button and click on the Settings icon.
- On the Settings window, double-click on the Update & Security window.
- Navigate to the Troubleshoot tab on the left navigation pane.
- Scroll down the page and locate the Printers and devices section, select it and then click on the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Once the troubleshooting process is finished, restart your PC.
Procedure 7 – Reinstall the Printer Driver
A faulty or corrupted Epson driver can also lead to the Printer Offline error message on the Epson printer. So, you need to reinstall it. In order to fix this problem by following the steps given below:
- Right-click on the Windows Home icon and select the Device Manager.
- Locate the Print Queues, select it to expand it on the left panel from the Device Manager window.
- Right-click on the Epson printer driver and select the Uninstall device button to remove it.
- After uninstalling it, reinstall it from the official website of the Epson.
- Visit the Epson printer official website and download and install the latest version of the Epson printer driver.
- Once the installation process is complete, reboot the system and then check if the error message arises or not.
You May Also Read – Epson Error Code 0x97
Procedure 8 – Add a Second Printer
If none of the procedures do help you out then you can use this procedure to get rid of the Printer Offline error message on the device. Here are some steps that you can follow:
- Press the Win + X buttons at the same time to launch the WinX menu list and select the Settings.
- Go to the Devices section from the Settings window.
- Click on the Devices and Printers button.
- In the Devices and Printers window, right-click on the Epson printer driver and choose the Printer Properties.
- From the Properties window, move to the Ports tab and then click on the Add port option.
- Choose the Standard TCP/IP Port and then click on the New Port option.
- Click on the Next button.
- Enter the IP address of the printer in the Printer’s IP address field and then click on the Next button. Now follow the on-screen directions to finish the process.
These are the procedures to fix the Epson Printer Offline error message on the device. So, before taking on any other step, try all the above procedures. We hope, after trying all these procedures, you can quickly eliminate this issue.