Netflix has become the number one streaming service in the world. It has over 157 million subscribers worldwide. However, many Netflix users have reported that they are facing the error of “m7111-1331-5059″( m7111-5059). You seem to be using an unblocker or Proxy”. This error message shows up when the platform detects a VPN or proxies in the system.
Netflix has obtained this policy for many years. This restricts the users from accessing content that is not available in their area. There are many fixes for this problem, but the simplest one is to stop using proxies or VPN.
However, this might not be okay with every user. So, let us check out what are the solutions that can fix this problem. But, first, let us see what are the reasons responsible for the occurrence of this problem.
Reason Responsible for the Error Code: M7111-5059:
This error can occur due to the following reasons:-
- Tunnel Blocker- If Netflix detects that you are using a Tunnel Blocker, then this error message will pop up.
- VPN- Another reason for this error to show up is the use of a VPN.
- Proxy- By using a proxy, you can change your geographical location. But, if the Netflix platform detects a proxy, it will pop up this error.
- Protocol Tunneling- Netflix supports native services of IPv4. However, if a user is using IPv4 primarily, but trying to make it IPv6 by tunneling, then it will get rejected and this error will show up.
Probable Solutions to Get Rid of the Error Code: M7111-1331-5059:
Before starting with the procedures for fixing this error, you have to make sure that the internet connection is strong and stable. Also, you have to be logged in as an administrator to complete the process successfully. Now, let us see the solutions one by one:-
Solution 1: Disable your Proxy
Proxies are one of the primary reasons for this error to show up. To fix the error, you have to disable the connection of your proxy and then connect to Netflix again. Follow the given steps completely to solve this error:-
- Open the Run box by pressing the R and the Windows button simultaneously. Then, in the Run box, you have to type “inetcpl.cpl” and hit Enter.
- After that, go to the tab of “Connection” and then select the “LAN Settings” option.
- Next, locate the option of “Proxy Server” and uncheck the box beside it. Then, click on the “Apply” button and then “OK” to save the changes.
After the process is complete, try to open Netflix and see if the Netflix m7111-5059 error code has been solved or not.
Solution 2: Disable VPN
VPNs are used by the users to change their location by tricking their ISP. This allows the users to watch Netflix shows that are not available in the area of the users. Since VPN is against the policy of Netflix, it will show this error code. The given list of VPNs is the ones which will get blocked instantly by Netflix:-
I. Private Internet Access
III. Hola Unblocker
Using any of these VPNs will make Netflix show you the Netflix error code m7111-5059. Hence, it is better to turn them off and try to use Netflix again.
Solution 3: Using VPNs that Netflix will not Block
However, there are some VPNs that are seen but are not blocked by Netflix. These VPNs are:-
You can use any of these VPNs to access Netflix. Let us take the example of CyberGhost. This software is a dedicated VPN for streaming and guarantees uninterrupted viewing. You can follow the given steps to download and set up CyberGhost:-
- Download the CyberGhost software from its official website.
- After that, install it on your system. You have to be logged in as an Administrator to give the required permission.
- When the installation is complete, launch it. Log in to the VPN by entering the required credentials. You can also create an account form the application itself if you have no account. Go to the left pane of the window and select the “For streaming” option.
- Now, you will be able to see various VPNs here. For example, you can select the server of the US, which is optimized to run Netflix. You can choose any other server you want. After selecting, you have to press the Power button located on the right side of the screen.
- Next, open your browser and launch Netflix. Check if the error code: m7111-5059 is still showing.
Solution 4: Delete your Cookies and Browsing Data
Another reason for this error to show up is due to the outdated or corrupted browser data. So, to delete the cookies and the browsing data, you can follow the given steps:-
- Open your Chrome browser and in the address bar, you have to write “chrome://settings” and then hit Enter. Now, the Settings of the browser will open.
- After that, click the “Advanced” option at the bottom of the page.
- On the page of the Advanced menu, you have to click on the “Clear browsing data” option.
- Now, a new window will pop up. Here, you have to set the time range to “All time” and see that all the boxes are checked. After that, click on the “Clear Data”.
Now, restart your PC and see if you are able to access Netflix and if the error code: m7111-1331-5059 is still showing.
All the above-discussed methods are effective and easy to implement. You can either disable your proxies and VPN completely, or you can use the VPNs that will not generate Netflix m7111-5059 error code. So, implement the solutions that best suit your needs and enjoy streaming Netflix seamlessly.