Many Roku users face this Roku error code 009 while streaming some content in their Roku device. This Roku error 009 shows up when there is some problem with the internet. However, it can also be triggered if the device is having authentication or disconnection problems.
If you are one such user who is facing this error code 009 Roku problem, then do not worry. Here, we will be discussing the causes as well as the solutions to get rid of the error code 009 in your Roku device.
Causes Which Lead to Roku Error 009:
Some of the common causes that trigger this Roku error code 009 are as follows:-
- DNS Cache– This error code 009 Roku can be caused if the DNS configurations get corrupted. The router cache these DNS configurations for connecting to the internet. Hence, this can cause connection interruptions.
- Connection of the internet– Roku error 009 can also be caused if your internet connection is experiencing repetitive disconnection. The internet connection has to be stable in order to have a flawless Roku experience.
- Configuration of the device– If your Roku device is having some internal issues, then this Roku error can occur. Due to these problems, Roku will have a problem with properly connecting to the server. This can also lead to corruption of the system software and its functionalities can be decreased.
- Cable issues– If the cable that is being used to form the connection between the devices is loose, then the Roku error code 009 can appear. Due to this reason, it is necessary to check all the connections and connect them properly.
Simple Methods to Resolve Roku Error Code 009:
Now, let us check out the solutions that you can use to solve this Roku error 009:-
Method 1: Power Recycle your Devices
One of the most common reasons for this error code 009 Roku is the conflict in the configuration of their launching. It is also possible that the configurations might have gone corrupted. So, by doing a power cycling, all the cached data will be cleared. With this process, you can also delete all the DNS caches of the router.
- Detach the power cord from the power source for the device which is facing this error code 009.
- Then, for at least 15 seconds, you have to hold down the “Power” button.
- After that, plug in the power cord and turn on the device.
- Now, you have to wait until the device turns on.
Check your Roku device and see if the Roku error code 009 is still showing. You can go to the next solution if this solution didn’t solve this error.
Method 2: Reset the Network Settings
Another possibility for this error code 009 Roku is due to the corruption of the Roku network configuration. The limitation of certain functionalities can also cause this problem. This can only be solved if you reset the configuration of the network.
Follow the given below steps to complete the steps successfully:-
- Open Roku and enter your account.
- Go to the “Settings” option and then select the option of “System”.
- Now, select the “System Restart” option appearing on the next screen. Then, click the “Network Connection Reset” option.
- After that, you have to wait as the reset process is being completed. When the process will get completed, it will restart on its own.
- Next, the device will turn on and then you have to select the “Settings” option. From there, you have to click on “Network”.
- Now, select the “Wi-Fi” option and then click on “Setup a New Wifi Connection Option”.
- After that, click on the “I am at home” option after selecting the Wifi that you want to connect to.
- Then, for all the options that will appear, you have to select “Automatic”. After that, enter your password.
- After this, the connection will be established.
Now, see if the Roku error 009 is still occurring.
Method 3: Perform a Software Reset
If the software gets corrupted, then this Roku error code 009 can occur. To solve this, you have to do a software resetting. So, follow the given steps to successfully execute this solution:-
- Log in to your account after opening Roku.
- After that, open the “Settings” and then select the “System” option.
- Then, a new screen will appear. Here, you have to click on the “System Restart” option. Now, within this option, you have to select the “Factory Reset” option.
- The device will restart on its own.
Now, check your Roku device and see if the Roku error 009 is still there or not.
Hope that from the above discussion, you are able to solve the Roku error code 009. This is a very annoying problem, but the solutions are very easy and effective to implement. Apply these solutions and enjoy your Roku experience seamlessly.