Are you facing problems your PC’s physical storage limit? Let’s face it, no matter how large our computer hard drive is we do not take much time to fill it. Deleting some raw image files is a quick trick to free up your hard drive but is not always enough. Here I have shared some cool tricks to help you out. Go through my article and free up your computer hard drive space and other hard drive data recovery procedures.
Delete Junk Files Using Storage Sense
Storage sense is an inbuilt feature comes with Windows 10. This tool gives some easy way to delete junk files quickly from the hard drive. You can delete previous installation and temporary files as well to improve your system performance.
Follow the steps given below to delete junk files using the Storage Sense
- Open Settings
- Select Storage
- Now, Under the ‘Storage Sense’ click on Change How We Free Up Space Automatically Link
- Then, check the Delete Temporary Files That My Apps aren’t Using Option
- Finally, click on the clean now button
Remove the Temporary Files Using The Disk Cleanup
Another option you can opt for is deleting the temporary files using the Disk Cleanup. If you are using the latest Windows 10 version 1803 (April 2018 update), you can remove all those unnecessary files using the Control Panel and the Settings app. All you have to do is follow the steps given below
- Open Settings.
- Now click on System
- Then Click on Storage
- Select Free Up Space Now Link
- Next Check every item you are looking to delete.
- Finally, click the Remove Files button
There is an alternate option also available for you. Here are the steps you need to follow to remove temp files using Control Panel
Deleting the system files
- Right-click the drive running out of space and select Properties
- Now Click on the Disk Cleanup
- Click the Cleanup System Files
- Now select the files you want to delete and click on OK
- And finally, Click the Delete Files Button
You can delete the system restore and shadow copies. Here are the steps you need to follow to do so…
- Open the File Explorer and right-click the drive running out of space
- Select Properties and then choose Disk Cleanup button
- Then, click the Cleanup System Files button
- Click the More Options tab
- Now, under the ‘System Restore and Shadow Copies’ Click the Cleanup button
- Click Delete to confirm
After completing the steps your device will reclaim some hundred megabytes of storage space.
Uninstall Apps and Games You don’t need
Uninstalling the apps and software that you don’t use anymore is a great idea of saving hard drive space. Follow the steps below…
- First, Open Settings
- Then, Click on Apps
- Select Apps and Features
- Use the Sort by drop-down menu, and then select Size to identify apps and games taking more of the disk space.
- Now, select the app you want to remove, and click the Uninstall button
- Click the Uninstall button again to complete the process
Anyway, Folks! That’s it from my side. Hope the article helped you to free your computer hard disk space. Have you mistakenly deleted any important data performing the following operations? Hard Disk Data Recovery is the only option you can go through to solve the issue. There are numerous free Data Recovery Tools are available which you can use.