According to a survey that was recently conducted in the US, it was seen that out of 100%, approximately 29.2% of the calls are spam. So, there is no exception if you are getting too many spam calls instead of real calls. Oftentimes, these spam calls disturb you while you are attending a meeting or engaged in doing some important work. If you are frustrated with taking lots of spam or fake calls and desperately want to block these calls, then follow this post till the end.
Here you will get to know the process of how to block a call on iPhone in detail. For that, you need to simply go through the 4 procedures discussed here and check which one is most effective for blocking incoming calls iPhone.
4 Best Procedures for How do You Block Calls on iPhone:
Check out these procedures for blocking incoming calls iPhone. These processes are very simple and easy to implement and once done, it will also avoid spam and fake calls.
Procedure 1: How to Block a Call on iPhone using the In-built Feature for Spam
You might not know but all the iPhones have an in-built feature that can be used to block calls. So, once you receive a spam call and you decide to block it, then check the below procedures.
- Open the Call Manager by tapping on the phone icon.
- Now, tap on the “Recent” options to check the recent calls you received.
- Thereafter, tap on the spam number whose call you received recently. After that, tap on the “Info” which is located next to the number.
- On the next window, scroll down and tap on the “Block this Caller” option to block the number for further calls.
Although if you have not received a call from spam recently, you still choose to block the number from any further calls in the future. If this is the case, then you have to tweak a few changes in the Settings menu.
- Tap the gear icon to open the Setting menu.
- Then tap on the Phone option to open the Call Manager.
- Go to the Calls section. From there, select the “Call Blocking & Identification” option.
- There you can add the numbers that you want to block from receiving any further calls.
Procedure 2: How to Block a Call on iPhone using Google Voice for Spam
Being an iPhone user, you can still use Google Voice to block the calls from spam. Basically, these calls are prevented by the voicemail by Google Voice. So, to implement this method, you need to switch to Google Voice as the primary number. Besides, you must not share the old number. Once you do that, now you can block calls by the three steps given below.
- At first, you have to send the calls to the Voicemail by Google Voice.
- Secondly, you will be able to identify the numbers that are spam. As the callers will be tagged as the Spam by Google. However, these spam callers still can drop a voicemail in your number.
- Thirdly, the spam calls will be blocked permanently. They cannot drop a voice message in your voicemail. Simply they will hear that the number does not exist anymore.
Perhaps, the only drawback of this procedure is that your number will be changed to a Google number, thereby shifting from your carrier and it also involves some work for the transition purposes.
Procedure 3: How to Block a Call on iPhone using the “Do Not Disturb” (DND) Feature for Spam
You can only avail of this feature if your iPhone is having iOS 6 or later versions. So, you need to update the iOS of the iPhone if you are any older version than iOS 6. Check out the steps given below.
How to Update iOS?
- Open the Settings menu by tapping the gear icon.
- Then open the General option.
- There you will see the option “Software Update”, tap on it to see the version of the iOS you are using the iPhone.
- So if the version is older than iOS 6, then tap on the Download and Install button to upgrade with the latest version of the iOS.
What do you have to do Next?
- Then from the Settings menu, tap on the Do Not Disturb options.
- When the next window opens, you have to schedule a time that you do not want to receive any call notification. Then once the clock hits the time, the iPhone will activate the DND mode.
However, you can choose the option “Allow Calls From” to select the exceptional numbers from whom you want to get call notifications. When you click on the option, you can get a list of the options. You can select the “Everyone” option to receive call notifications from all the numbers on the contact list. Apart from that, there are a lot of options you can tweak with.
- Lastly, when you dont want to receive any call notification from the spam, you can simply select the “Do Not Disturb” mode of the iPhone.
Procedure 4: How to Block a Call on iPhone using iBlacklist for Spam
Although if you are using an iPhone which is old and has iOS 3 or above, not to worry as you still can use the iBlacklist option to block calls from spam numbers. The best advantage of this feature is that it does not just block calls but also blocks messages as well. Check out the steps below for activating the iBlacklist.
- Install the Cydia on the iPhone. Then launch the application and in the search tab, search for the ‘iBlacklist‘. Then, in the search results, you will be able to see the iBlacklist app. Perhaps before using the application, you need to jailbreak your iPhone.
- Download and install the iBlacklist application on the iPhone. Then follow the on-screen instructions to purchase it successfully. Once the process is complete, then exit the Cydia application. Perform a restart of the iPhone.
- Now, launch the iBlacklist once the iPhone restarts. Then tap on the Blacklist option. In the list, you can see all the blocked or blacklisted numbers. If you want to add more, simply click on the Add new Blacklist option and select the number.
Besides if you want to block an individual number, then you have to click on the “+” icon to add individual numbers. Additionally, the number you have selected will be blocked as well for messages. So you won’t be getting any notification for messages from the blocked numbers.
This is one of the best methods to follow for blocking incoming calls iPhone.
In the above discussion on how do you block calls on iPhone, we have provided the easiest methods you can implement for blocking a calls on iPhone. In addition, you can download any third-party application from the App Store to block calls from the spam automatically.