IMEI number is the number that is used by cyber police to track down the mobile phones. The full form of IMEI is the International Mobile Equipment Identity number. IMEI has made the process of tracking much easier. So, if you change IMEI numbers of your phones, they will be unable to track your devices. Moreover, in today’s world, changing the IMEI number is not as difficult as it was earlier. Nowadays, Android devices are highly customizable, and changing the IMEI number will not be that difficult.
However, before you rush to change your IMEI number, there is some important information that you should be aware of.
More About IMEI Number:
IMEI number is unique to every mobile phone. You will be able to locate the IMEI number within the compartment of the battery of the device. They contain 15 digits and are present for each SIM slot. With the help of the network connection, these numbers are stored in the database.
With the help of these numbers, the phone can be made to stop working if it gets stolen. This will help to protect the personal information of the owner of the mobile. The thief will not be able to use this phone on the current network or on any other network as well.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Changing IMEI Numbers:
Changing the IMEI number has its own set of pros and cons. Before you go through this process, you must have a clear understanding of what facilities you will be getting and what are facilities that you will be giving up.
Advantages to Change IMEI Android Number
- Your phone will be untraceable as your original IMEI number will be changed.
- There are many benefits provided to specific devices of manufacturers on a specific network. Most of these offers are delivered using the IMEI number. Hence, changing the IMEI number will allow you to avail these benefits through your SIM.
- Changing the IMEI can fix many problems regarding invalid IMEI numbers.
- You will get an all-new ID for your device.
Disadvantages to Change IMEI Numbers
- Your phone becoming untraceable can be a good thing, but if it gets stolen, then it will be difficult to track down your device. Being untraceable is both a good and a bad thing for your mobile phone.
- In some countries, if you change IMEI numbers, it will be seen as a criminal act. Hence, you have to be aware of it. Make sure of the law for changing the IMEI in your country.
- The change IMEI Android numbers, it may end up damaging the device. This is because the IMEI number is coded very deeply within your device.
So, if you have considered changing IMEI numbers of your phone, then you have to know the places to look for.
Methods to Determine the IMEI Number of your Android Phone:
Determining the IMEI number of your Android phone is not that difficult. There are two methods by which you find out your device’s IMEI number. The first one is looking in the battery compartment of your device if your device has a removable battery. In that case, first, you have to open the back panel of your device. After that, remove the battery. The IMEI number will be present in this area somewhere.
However, if your device has a non-removable battery, then you have to use your phone’s calling facility to determine your IMEI number. First, you have to open the “Phone” app and open the dial pad. Type “#06#” on the dial pad and make a call. The IMEI number of your device will be displayed on the screen.
Procedures to Change IMEI Numbers of your Android Phone Without Rooting:
It cannot be denied that the advantages are quite considerable if you choose to change IMEI numbers of your Android device. So, let us see how to change the IMEI number of your device without rooting:-
Before going forth with these methods, you must backup your data. After this process, your phone will be clean and all data will be erased.
- First of all, go to the “Settings” option in your device.
- After that, you have to find the “Backup & Reset” option and click on it.
III. In this window, you have to click on the “Factory Data Reset”.
- Now, you will see a notification on your screen saying “Create new (random) Android ID”.
Here you can create your new IMEI number.
This procedure works on both non-rooted and rooted devices. So, you don’t have to worry if you have a rooted device.
- Open the dial pad of your device and dial the number “*#*#3646633#*#*”, or you can also dial “*#7465625#”. After dialing any one of these numbers, you have to proceed.
- Then, you have to click on the “CDS Information” option.
III. After that, locate and click on the option of “Radio Information”.
- Next, the displayed options will depend on whether your phone has a single SIM or a dual SIM. If your device has dual SIM, then you will see two options like the one given below:-
SIM- 1: AT + EGMR=1, 7, “IMEI_1”
SIM- 2: AT + EGMR=1, 10, “IMEI_2”
- Now, to change the IMEI number, you have to enter the number of your choice in the place of “IMEI_1” and “IMEI_2” for SIM 1 and SIM 2 respectively.
- Lastly, click on the “Send” option to change IMEI Android number.
Hope that from the above discussion, you have understood how to change the IMEI number of your Android device without rooting. The procedures are very easy and the time taken by these procedures is very little. However, you must keep in mind its drawbacks.