Windows 10 is one of the most used Operating Systems worldwide. Apart from this, it is one of the most advanced platforms provided to anyone. Although sometimes you can face some issues with Windows. When the issue appears in your device, it makes the device slow and in the worst cases, it might even stop working. Additionally, to solve such cases, you might want to reinstall the Windows.
So if you are encountering the same issue and want to know how to reinstall Windows 10, then you are in the right place. Follow this article till the end to know how to reinstall it.
However, when you face any problem, the first thing you do is search for the solutions. Usually, not all methods work properly. Thus, the possible solution is to reinstall Windows. What if you find that while reinstalling Windows, you do not have any CD/USB device. Therefore, here we have discussed the complete process to reinstall Windows 10 without a CD.
Effective Methods to Reinstall Windows 10 Without CD\USB:
There are several methods that you can go through in order to reinstall Windows 10 without using CD/ USB. Let’s jump on to the methods given below:
Method 1: Reinstall Windows 10 Keeping the Files
There is a feature called Reset This PC from Windows 10. This feature basically allows you to choose between keeping your files or to remove them during reinstallation. You can opt for this method if you don’t want to lose any file from your PC. Resetting This PC is a good option when your PC is not working at its best. Apart from that, you don’t have to download or install any file for this method. Here’s how you can do this.
- Click on the Start Menu and then you have to go to the Settings menu.
- Next, click on the “Update & Security” option.
- On the left panel of the menu, you will see the “Recovery” options. Click on it.
- Now go to the right panel, there you have to click on the “Get Started” options. This is located under the “Reset This PC” option.
- When the “Choose an option” window appears in order to reinstall Windows 10 by keeping your files on the PC, you can opt for the “Keep my files” option.
- A window will pop up showing that your apps will be removed, once the process is ready. Click on the “Next” to continue.
- When the “Ready to reset this PC” interface pops up, click on the “Reset” button to reinstall the Windows 10 even without losing your files.
Method 2: Reinstall Windows 10 Directly from ISO file
You might not know but Microsoft’s official website offers a tool called Media Creation Tool. This tool basically allows you to install or upgrade the PC without creating any installation media. Usually, it directly installs Windows 10 from the ISO file. Also, this is a good option to follow if you don’t want to reinstall Windows 10 from USB. In order to perform this method, go through the instructions for Windows 10 reinstall without CD/USB.
Step 1: Important Steps to Follow
- Open the browser, go to the official website of Microsoft and then Download the Media Creation Tool.
- In addition, also download the Windows 10 ISO file.
Step 2: What to do Next?
- Once you have downloaded both the files, launch the Media Creation Tool and thereby click on “Create installation media for another PC” option.
- Next, you have to choose what language you want as well as the Architecture (32 bit or 64 bit). Also, you can choose the edition you want to use on the PC.
- When the “Choose which media to use” window pops up, mark the “ISO file” option. Perhaps you need to know that the tool requires a DVD burned ISO file.
Step 3: Know How to Mount the ISO
Windows 10 can be reinstalled directly from the ISO file without CD/USB. In order to do that, you have to mount the ISO file. Check the listed below steps to mount the ISO.
- Locate the ISO file, once it is downloaded. Followed by that, right-click on the “ISO” file.
- Next, you have to click on the “Properties” button. Then under the “General” tab, click on the “Change” button.
- Then select the “Windows Explorer” to open the file, thereby to save the changes, click on “OK”.
- Thereafter, right-click on the file and then select the “Mount” option.
- Now, to open the File Explorer, double-click on the ISO file. Then start the Windows 10 setup by double-clicking on the “setup.exe” button.
Step 4: Continue with the Next Processes
After that, when all the above processes are completed, you have to go through the following steps:
- When the setup is ready, now you have to decide whether you want to download and install the updates or not.
Though it is suggested to go with the first option as this will flawlessly install the updates and fix issues.
- Then the setup will check for any updates available or not.
- Once this is complete, you have to accept the license terms. Click on the “Accept” button and then continue.
- Now, a screen will appear where you have to click on the “Ready to Install” option. Once everything is ready, click on the “Change what to keep” button.
- After which three options will be given to you. Though it is suggested to select the “Keep personal file, apps, and Windows settings” option.
- Thereafter, the screen will go back again to the Ready to Install screen. Then to begin the installation, you just have to click on the “Install” button.
- Once the installation is complete, just go through the on-screen instruction to customize the Settings.
That is all with the solutions for the reinstallation of Windows 10. Hopefully, by going through the abovesaid methods as instructed there, you will be able to reinstall Windows 10 without CD successfully.