While installing the Windows latest version, it asks you to set a PIN before it boots. Once it starts, you need to sign in to your Microsoft account and thereby it asks to set a PIN for other Sign-in options. Although, if the PC is being used by other common people and other members of the house, then due to the PIN it cannot be accessed. Also, it is not possible to share the PIN with each and everyone who is going to use the computer. Therefore, you can choose to remove the PINs from the system.
Apart from that, nowadays Windows 10 offers the advanced security PIN to protect your files in the system such as face recognition and fingerprint password. So, if you want to remove the PINs and don’t know how to do it, then you are in the right place. Follow this article and instantly find the solutions.
Easy Steps to Disable PIN on Windows 10:
In Windows 10, if you want to disable the PIN sign-in option, then you can go through the given below steps.
- Press and hold Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box. Once the search box appears, type “gpedit.msc” and then tap on Enter.
- This will open the Group Policy Editor. Now, click on the Computer Configurations, then on the Administrative Templates.
- Click on System, then on the Log on. Then locate the Turn on PIN sign-in option and double click on it. Then you have to set the option to “Disable”.
- Click on Ok and then on Apply to save the changes.
Learn How to Remove PIN on Windows 10:
In this guide, you will know about the PIN removal processes for Face Recognition, Fingerprints and Security key. Also, you should know that you cannot simply delete a password that is associated with your account. Therefore, you have to delete the original administrator account from the PC. No need to worry, the steps are very simple and easy. Just go through it till the end and you will know all about it.
Remove Face, PIN or Finger PIN
In order to know about the removal procedure, go through the instructions given below:
- Click on the Windows icon to open the Start Menu. Then on the left side of the screen, you can find the gear icon. Click on it to open the Settings.
- Once the Settings window opens, navigate to the Accounts options.
- The Account sections by default will open the “Your info”. Now, you have to click on the “Sign-In Options”.
- After that, you will be able to see the “Windows Hello PIN” on the right side of the menu.
- Expand the section to reveal more options, click on the “Remove” button.
- Then Windows will prompt a warning message, click again on the “Remove” to confirm.
Similarly, follow the above steps and choose the “Windows Hello Face” or the “Windows Hello Finger” followed by clicking on the Remove button. Therefore, this process will remove all the PINs related to “Windows Hello” Sign-In option
Remove Security Key
In order to remove the Security key, follow the instructions discussed hereunder:
- Open the Settings menu from the Start Menu.
- Once the Settings window opens, you have to click on the “Accounts” section.
- By default, the “Account” sections will open the “Your info” section. Now, you have to click on the “Sign-In Options”.
- After that, on the right side of the Menu, you will be able to see the Security Key.
- Expand the Menu to reveal more options, then click on the “Manage” button.
- Thereafter, insert the Security key when the USB port promotes.
- Click on the “Reset” button after the Windows verifies the key given by you
- Lastly, click on the “Close” button.
Remove Your Account (Administrator)
However, if you want to remove the Account, and thereby remove all the PINs related to it. Then you can follow the steps discussed below. Although, in order to delete the account, you need to create another account. Then log in from that account and delete the original one.
Processes to Create a New Account:
- Open the Settings menu from the Start Menu.
- Go to the “Account” section.
- By default, the “Account” sections will open the “Your info”. Now, you have to click on the “Family & Other Users”.
- After that, on the right side of the Menu, click on the + icon which is next to the “Add Someone Else to This PC” option. This option is located under the “Other Users” section.
- Once the New user login tab pops up, click on the “I Don’t Have This Person’s Sign-In Information” option.
- Now, tap on the “Add a User without a Microsoft Account” option. Followed by that, enter the username, password (Provide the password twice), and establish three security questions.
- Now, to continue, click on the “Next” button.
What to Do After that?
After the above-discussed process is completed, you can see a new local account. Now check out the following steps to remove your account:
- Click on the New Account, and then click on the “Change Account Type” button.
- Once the “Change Account Type” menu opens, in the drop-down menu, select the “Administer.” Then to save the changes, click on the OK button.
- Next, you have to click on the Windows icon and then click on your profile icon.
- In the popup menu, click on the New Account to log in to Windows 10 using the new account.
- Once you have to log in to the Windows with the New Account, open the Setting.
- Then click on the “Accounts”. From there, go to the “Family & Other users” option.
- There you can see the other account. Expand the menu and then click on the “Remove” button.
Once all the above steps are completed, now you have created another account and the previous account is removed from the PC.
That’s all with the Windows 10 turn off PIN and other Sign-In options in Windows 10. You can follow these easy and simple instructions to remove all the PINs from the PC that let others access the PC.