The Emergency Alert option is one of the most important and useful features of every smartphone available nowadays. Also, the Emergency alerts options are also called the Amber alerts. Besides being such a useful feature, sometimes users get alerts constantly, which is very annoying. If this is the case, then the best way is to turn off or disable these emergency alerts. Thus, you can opt to remove amber alert on your device.
However, if you are unaware of the processes of how to disable emergency alerts, then this guide is for you. Follow the step by step instructions provided below to turn off these amber alerts.
How to Disable Amber Alerts on Android Phones?
One of the most common smartphone users across the world is Android users. Most of the smartphones in the market come with the Android operating system. Also, the operating system is open and can be modified by any Mobile Manufacturer. Therefore, it is important to know how to turn off amber alerts in Android phones.
1. Instructions to Stop Amber Alert on Stock Android:
If you are Stock Android users, then check out the instructions stated here under.
- Open the Settings menu of the Android phone by tapping on the gear icon.
- Thereafter, click on the “Apps & Notifications” option on the menu.
- There you will find the “Advanced” option tap on it.
- Now, navigate to the “Emergency Alerts” option of the menu.
- Then locate the “Amber alerts” option and then simply toggle it off.
This is how you can remove amber alert on your Stock Android smartphone.
2. Steps to Stop Amber Alert in OnePlus Phones:
So if you are a proud user of the OnePlus, then you can check out the steps provided below in order to know how to turn off amber alerts.
- Open the Message app on the phone. Then click on the three dots that are present on the right-top side of the screen.
- Now, scroll down and tap on the Settings option of the menu.
- Then go to the bottom of the menu. Further, tap on the “Wireless Alerts” option.
- Thereafter, it will show all the Emergency Alert Messages. Now, again tap on the three dots.
- Then hit the Settings options.
- Lastly, just toggle the Amber Alerts option to Off.
3. The Process to Stop Amber Alert in Samsung Phones:
Go through the instructions provided in the below section to remove amber alert in your Samsung Phones.
- Tap on the Messages to open it.
- Then tap on the three dots located on the top corner of the screen beside the Search Button.
- Then hit the Settings option of the Messages.
- Now, tap on the Emergency Alert settings menu.
- Scroll down and then click on the Emergency Alert option
- Thereafter, locate the Amber Alerts option and Toggle it off. This will make sure that you don’t receive any more Emergency Alerts.
Perhaps, sometimes this method might not solve this issue, therefore you can try another alternate method for how to stop amber alert in Samsung Phones.
- Tap on the gear icon to open the Settings menu of the Samsung Phone.
- Then tap on the Connections options from the Settings menu.
- Now, scroll down and go to the “More Connections Settings” options.
- Thereafter, tap on the “Wireless Emergency Alerts” option. Next, you have to open the Settings menu.
- Navigate to the Alert types options.
- Locate the Amber Alerts and toggle it off.
4. How to Stop Amber Alert in LG Smartphones:
If you are an LG smartphone user, there are two specific methods that you can follow for knowing how to disable emergency alerts. One of which is using the Settings menu of the Phone, another one is using the Message App of the Phone.
Disable Amber Alerts using the Settings in LG Phones
- Open the Settings menu by tapping on the gear icon.
- Then open the Network & Internet option.
- From there, tap on the “Wireless Emergency Alert” option.
- Then you will see three dots on the top of the corner of the screen.
- Open the Settings menu from there.
- Navigate to the Amber Alert options and turn it off to stop receiving Emergency Alerts.
Disable Amber Alerts using the Message App in LG Phones
- Open the Message app on the phone.
- Then you can see the three dots on the right top corner of the screen.
- From there, open the Settings menu.
- Thereafter, tap on the Emergency Alerts menu.
- Now, turn off the Amber Alerts option from the menu.
How to Disable Amber Alerts on iPhones?
If you are an iPhone user and you are constantly receiving Emergency Alerts on your phone, then you need to disable the emergency alerts. For that, you can go through the step by step instructions listed here. However, the process to remove amber alert for iPhone is very easy and simple.
- Simply open the Settings menu of the iPhone.
- Then open the Notification option from the Settings menu.
- Locate the Government Alerts option, by scrolling down in the menu
- After that, you will see the Public Safety, Amber Alerts as well as the Emergency Alerts are turned on by default.
- Just toggle them off and then exit the Settings menu of the iPhone. Depending on your usage, you can also choose to turn on the ones that you want to receive notification for.
We hope that the above-given discussion will surely help to remove amber alert on your phone. Besides, if you are using a phone brand that is not listed here, then you can simply open the Settings and then search for the “Emergency Alert” option and from there, you can select the Amber alerts to turn it off.