Updating your Windows 10 drivers on a regular basis is extremely important. Drivers are the group of files that enable Windows 10 OS to identify and interact with the hardware present on the computer. This hardware can be network adapters, hard drives, graphics cards, etc. Drivers are also required to interact with the peripherals like monitors, printers, keyboards, mouse, etc.
Normally, the drivers are detected and installed automatically by Windows 10. However, sometimes, you may need to manually update the drivers. This can happen if that particular hardware is not recognized automatically by Windows 10. Or if the device has stopped working after an upgrade. No matter what the reason is, Windows 10 provides many options to update the drivers. You can use the auto-update assistance, Device Manager, or Windows Update. So, let us check out how to update drivers Windows 10.
Procedures for Windows 10 Driver Update
So, let us see the procedures to update windows 10 drivers one by one. Each of these procedures is equally effective in updating the Windows 10 drivers and has been elaborated in a step-by-step manner for easy understanding. Hence, you can try any one of these methods for a quick and complete driver update Windows 10.
Windows Driver Update with the help of Windows Update
The manufacturers of the hardware can take some time to post their latest package of the driver, but it is best to download the drivers that you have skipped. Moreover, it is important because Microsoft itself has verified, tested and signed them.
- Open the option of “Settings”.
- After that, select the option of “Update & Security”.
- Then, select “Windows Update”.
- Now, click the button of “Check for update”.
After you have completed these steps, all the missing drivers from your computer will get automatically downloaded and installed. So, this is how to update drivers Windows 10 using the Windows Update option.
Windows 10 Drivers Update using Device Manager
You can also update your drivers using the Device Manager. Follow these steps to update your drivers successfully:-
- Click on the Windows icon and open the Start Menu.
- In the search bar, write “Device Manager” click on the first search result. The Device Manager will open.
- After that, locate the option under which your device, for which you want a driver update windows 10, is located. Double click on that option and the devices under that option will show up. Now, right-click on the name of your device. Then select the option of “Update driver”.
- Now, select the option of “Search automatically for updated driver software” in the current window.
After this, any available updates for the devices will get downloaded automatically. So, this is how you can perform a driver update Windows 10 using the Device Manager.
How to Update Drivers Windows 10 from the Manufacturer?
If you are unable to get Windows 10 drivers using the previous two methods, then you can visit the support website of your manufacturer and download the updates from there. When you are downloading driver update Windows 10 from such support websites, you must always follow the manufacturer’s instructions. However, if there is no information, then you can extract the package by double-clicking on the “.exe” file. So, let’s see the procedure step by step:-
- Open the Start menu.
- After that, in the search bar, you have to write “Device Manager”. Now click the first result and the Device Manager will open.
- Now, locate the branch that has the name of your device and double-click on it.
- After that, right-click on the device and click on the option of “Update driver”.
- Next, you have to click on the option of “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- After that, select the option of “Browse”.
- Now, you have to select the main folder which contains your extracted content.
- Then, press the “OK”.
- Next, you have to allow the wizard by checking the “Include subfolders” to find the correct file of “.inf”.
- Lastly, click the button of “Next”.
When this process is completed, all the drivers will get installed on your computer. These drivers will provide all the additional features and fixes to make your experience even better. So, this is how to do a Windows driver update from the manufacturers.
How to Update Graphics Driver Windows 10?
It is recommended by many experts that you should not do a driver update unless absolutely necessary. However, you may see that the graphics manufacturers are rolling out updates continuously. These updates are introduced to boost user experience and fix bugs.
So, for doing the updates for these graphics drivers, it is best not to rely on the Windows Update. You can use the panel of the graphics control to download these updates. So, let us see how to update graphics driver Windows 10 for AMD and Nvidia.
How to Update Graphics Driver Windows 10 for AMD?
For updating the AMD graphics card, you have to right-click on your desktop and select the option of AMD Radeon Settings. After the program loads, go to the bottom left corner of the screen. Here, you will get to see “New Updates” if any new updates are available. However, if you see that there is a checkmark beside “Updates”, it indicates that your graphics card drivers are up to date.
You can check if any updates are available by clicking on the button “Check for Updates”. If there are any available updates, their name will show up. You have to click on the name of the update to install it. After that, you can opt for “Custom Upgrade” and configure the process of the update, or you can opt for “Express Upgrade”, which will allow you to do a quick installation.
How to Update Graphics Driver Windows 10 for Nvidia?
To update the drivers of Nvidia, you have to open its GeForce Experience program. After that, you will get to see the option of drivers in the top-left corner of the screen, click it. Any available updates will show up here. Then, by clicking on the Download button, you can download the updates.
Nvidia provides you with an option of a fresh installation. With this option, all your settings will be reset. This can be a good option if installing the new drivers is causing problems on your computer.
I hope the above discussion cleared all your queries regarding how to update drivers Windows 10. All these methods are very simple and following them, you will be able to perform an update very easily. So, update your drivers as quickly as possible and make use of your hardware to their fullest.