Mac is one of the most favorite systems used worldwide. A wide diversity of people take an interest in using this device. Mac falls into the category of the best premium notebooks to be used for everyday tasks. But sometimes the Macbook won’t turn on due to some issues. When you press the Power button, it does not work. No need to worry, as it has not completely stopped working. However, according to the experts, when the Macbook fails to turn on, only the OS stops working.
If you get the same issue and looking for solutions for Laptop Repair, then you are in the right place. As here, we have discussed why Macbook/Macbook Pro is not powering on and how to solve it. Scroll down to the end and check out the solutions.
Technical Solutions to Get Rid of Macbook Won’t Turn On Issue:
There can be hundreds of reasons behind the issue. Some of these can be solved whereas other issues might need the help of professionals. It is better to detect the problem and then choose the solution on your own. Let’s jump to the quick overview of the solutions that you can opt for the Laptop Repair.
Solution 1: Check Whether Power is On
Before you start with anything, you need to check if the Mac is running properly. In order to check that, you have to press the Power button and then check the below-listed things.
- Sound of the fan, Hard Disk beep sounds
- Check the lights of the laptop, such as the backlit keyboard light.
If none of the above is shown, then check if the Mac is having battery or not. Sometimes the battery might be dead completely and thus it is not turning on. You have to connect the Mac to a power source and then connect the charger.
Once you have plugged in the power, then wait for a few minutes. Now, press the Power button and check if the laptop starts. In the older versions of the Mac, the battery can be removed but in the newer Mac, you cannot remove the battery.
Apart from that, you need to ensure if the right cables are being used or not. Also, you need to check the charger cable, if it is working properly. In addition to that, also check the AC power source where you connect the power cables.
Solution 2: Perform the Special Power Cycle
If you still cannot turn on your Macbook by implementing the above solution, then you can opt for this. This is basically available for all Macbooks. This will obviously revive your Macbook and here’s how you can do it:
- Unplug the charger cable of the Mac.
- Now, press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds.
- You now have to connect the charger cable to the power without releasing the Power button.
- Thereafter, wait for 10 seconds more holding it.
- Now, release the Power button and try to start the Mac in the normal way.
Solution 3: Reset the PRAM/NVRAM of the Mac
You need to check all the hardware of the Mac if they are connected properly to the proper slots or not. Although this is to be done by the Mac desktop users. Now, there can also be a case when the cables are not connected properly. So all you have to do is to unplug all the cables of the Mac and then connect them back.
Then try to turn on your Mac again. Perhaps, to check any hardware, you can reset the PRAM/NVRAM and thus solve the issue in a quick way.
Solution 4: Reset the SMC (System Management Controller)
You can reset the SMC to make your Mac device work properly. System Management Controller takes care of the basic functions of the Mac. Go through the following techniques to reset the System Manager Controller.
For New Macbook User (if the battery cannot be removed):
- Connect the power cord. Before that, shut down your Mac
- Now, you have to press Shift + Control + options followed by pressing the Power Button.
- You need to hold the keys for 10-15seconds.
- Now release the keys and press the Power button to start your Mac normally.
For Old Macbook User (if the battery can be removed):
- First, take the battery out.
- Now you have to press and hold the Power key for at least 5 seconds.
- Lastly, insert the battery and thereby press the Power button again.
For Old Mac desktop or Mac Pro User:
- Disconnect the power cable.
- After that give it 15 seconds.
- Then connect the power cable in again.
- Now you have to wait for 5 seconds and then press the Power again.
Solution 5: Check the Black Screen Issue
Many users have reported about the black screen issue of the Mac. So when you press the Power button, you can hear the sound of the fan as well as the hard disk beep. But the display of the Mac is turned off. This issue happens when the display of the Mac is not working properly.
If you are still having trouble with powering your Mac device, after following the above solutions to the end, then it is recommended to get in touch with the professionals and ask them for any kind of laptop repair that is required.