Omegle is a chat room service that allows you to talk with random strangers worldwide. Besides, you might not know but it is one of the most successful websites for chat room services. However, many users have reported about the “error connecting to server”. Thus, preventing you from using the service. If you are here with the same issue, then not to worry anymore as the problem can be solved easily. Out of all the methods, here we have collected all the best methods that can solve the Omegle not connecting to server error.
Probable Causes for Error Connecting to Server Omegle:
Out of all the possible causes, the error can be caused due to fault in your internet connection. However, this can be solved by acquiring an IP address and DNS server again. Or it can also be solved by using a VPN to use fake settings.
Another cause is the browser data that is getting stored on the computer, created by the websites. To solve the problem, you have to delete the cookies of the website. However, this will not affect the browsing experience.
Tried and Tested Solutions for Omegle not Connecting to Server:
Without wasting any more time, let’s jump to the solutions to fix the error. You have to check the solutions to the end to fix the error connecting to the server Omegle. Here’s how can do this:
Fix 1: Reset IP Configuration
There is a set of commands that you have to run in the Command Prompt to reset the IP configuration. This will help to solve many network connection issues. Go through the following steps to solve the issue.
- Go to the Start Menu and search for the Command prompt. When the results pop up, right-click on the Command Prompt and then click on the Run as Administrator option.
Alternatively, you can press and hold Windows key + R to get the Run dialog box. Once the box opens, type “cmd” and hit Enter to open the Command Prompt.
- After that, you have to type the following commands in the window. However, remember to press the Enter button. Once you have entered the code, then wait until the “Operation Completed Successfully” message pops up.
“ipconfig/flushdns” then hit Enter button
“ipconfig/release” then hit Enter button
“ipconfig/release6” then hit Enter button
“ipconfig/renew” then hit Enter button
- Now, open the Omegle from the browser and check if the problem persists or not.
Fix 2: Using the VPN
This method can be a bit tricky as you might have to contact the network provider. Thereby, check whether it is okay to use a VPN as the use of a VPN is not legal in many countries. However, many users have reported that using a VPN has solved many Omegle VPN errors.
Fix 3: Delete Cookies from the Browser
When the website is accessed from the browser, it saves some cache files on your browser as well as computer. So, all you need to do is to simply delete all the cache files from the browser. Although it varies on what browser you use. So, go through the following fixes to eliminate the error.
- Open the Browser.
- Then on the right top corner, you will see three dots, click on it.
- After that, click on the “More Tools” options.
- Then select the “Clear Browsing Data” options.
- Now you have to clear all the browsing data. So choose the “Beginning of Time” options.
- You now have to select the type of data you want to delete. Though it is recommended to remove all the cookies and the cookies.
- Again, click on the three dots, and then select the Settings. Thereby, scroll down to the bottom and then expand the Advanced option.
- Click on the Content settings menu and then scroll down. Check if there is any presence of cookies.
- Restart the system and open the Omegle and check if it is working properly or not.
- Open the Firefox browser from the desktop icon or from the Start Menu.
- On the upper right corner, you will see the “Options” button, click on it.
- Then on the left side, you can see the “Privacy & Security” option, click on it.
- Thereafter, click on the “Clear Recent History” option.
- In the time range dropdown menu, you have to select the “Everything” option.
- Now just mark all the boxes in the “History” options.
- Lastly, click on all the boxes next to the Data and click on the Clear Now option.
- Restart the system and open the Omegle and check if it works properly.
That is all with the solutions for Omegle not connecting to the server. In order to solve the error, you have to go through the solutions till the end. However, if the error is not fixed, then you can get in touch with a professional.