Windows is a developing operating system that has gained a lot of trust of users over the years. However, many users are trying to find how to find and replace outdated windows. Are you facing the same issue? Well, then you are in the right place to troubleshoot outdated windows.
What is outdated windows?
Windows is an operating system and since 2009 they have come up with updated versions. Each version has an added feature which makes it better. Outdated windows can be a trouble because you cannot access your work properly and often, you receive a notification which stops work at hand.
When the windows version is outdated, many bugs come and take resort to your system device.
Reasons why Windows may be outdated
To find and replace outdated windows can be a problem. Before that let us discuss the reasons why windows may be outdated. Please recall the factor that installing the device and checking the drive manager can help the user to a great deal.
- Windows will run slow if the windows version is not updated. One will find a notification popping up on the screen.
- The drivers may be obsolete. Windows can crash if drivers are outdated.
- The device manager can be at fault. Windows scan, clean, and updates the device manager on its own. However, the windows may not function at that time.
- There can be a malicious virus-like Meltdown or Spectre that can slow the windows. Whatever version of Windows you choose, make sure to remove the virus beforehand.
- Manual updates are possible for Windows. Also, see the version that you are using. Windows 10 works differently from Windows 7 or 8.
Replacing outdated windows
There are ways in which you can fix the problem. We are focusing on two methods for users to apply. One method as we discuss that deals with drivers in the desktop or pc and the other method deal with environment variables, that is system research on drivers. Please remember, Finding the drivers is our main concern.
- First, find the peripherals of the computer like motherboard, CPU, video card etc. If you are using mobile phones which supports Windows, check your battery.
- Second, you have to run the command. You have to search for cmd. Select the right click icon. You will find the right administration option. click it. This will open prompt command on your desktop or mobile. Please check the drivers beforehand.
- Third, you can also search for environment variables. It comes with an edit option. Check the drivers you cannot see. You must do system research. Select the option for device manager. You can view hidden devices. By doing this, you will get a list of devices that are active. Moreover, the user will get a list of inactive devices. Now you can uninstall the devices you want.
- You can use Windows Update software if you want.
- You can always contact the manufacturing unit if other problems come on the way. Check the net to gather the manufacturing number of Microsoft.
I hope the article was fruitful and helped to solve the problem.