Many Windows 10 users are facing this system thread exception not handled error due to various reasons. When this error occurs, the users get stuck in an endless reboot process in this blue screen error. During this error, a user is unable to use the computer.
This system_thread_exception_not_handled error sometimes occurs as soon as the user enters the OS of their computer. Sometimes this error is followed by faulty file names like CMUDA.sys, nwifis.sys, nvlddmkm.sys, atikmdag.sys, etc.
This error occurs mainly due to incompatible or outdated drivers. You can also get this error from the program that you have installed recently. If you are facing this error and looking for solutions, then check out this article. Here, we will be discussing some of the easiest and effective methods to solve this problem.
Prominent Solutions for System Thread Exception Not Handled Windows 10 Error:
Before starting the solutions, you have to know how you can boot up your computer in Safe Mode:-
- First, you have to boot your computer into Windows Recovery Environment or WinRE.
- Now, you have to boot your computer into Safe Mode. You have to start it by entering WinRe and going to the option of “Troubleshoot”. After that, go to the “Advanced Options”.
- Then, select the option of “Start Settings” and then you have to wait for some time.
- After that, you have to click on the “F5” key and select the “Enable Safe Mode with Networking” option. This will make the computer start in safe mode.
You can also check the system log to see if you can identify the reason for the Windows 10 system thread exception not handled error.
- Press the R and Windows key simultaneously. Now, in the Run box, you have to enter the command of “eventvwr” and click the “OK” option. This will bring up the “Event Viewer” window.
- Go to the “Windows Log” option, and then click on the “System” option.
- Here, you can check and try to find the problem causing the element. You can recognize the responsible element by observing the file names appearing after the error. These file names are the main reason for the system_thread_exception_not_handled error to occur.
Now, check out the solutions that will help you to get rid of this error effectively:-
Solution 1. Reinstall, Roll Back, or Update the Drivers
This method will only be applicable when you are able to start your computer into Safe Mode.
- Press the X key and Windows logo. This will open the Quick Access Menu. From there, you have to select the “Device Manager” option.
- From there, you can perform the process of reinstall, rollback, or update the drivers.
Reinstalling the Drivers
- First, you have to uninstall the device.
- Then, go to the manufacturer’s website. From there, select the drivers and then follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the drivers.
Rollback the Drivers
- In the directory, you have to go to the desired driver and right-click on it. Now, form the pop-up menu, you have to select the “Properties” option.
- Go to the tab of “Driver” and then select the “Roll Back Driver” option.
- After that, click on the option of “Rollback driver” and then press the “Yes” button.
Update the Drivers
- From the directory, you have to right-click on the driver you want to update. Then, from the pop-up menu, you have to select the “Update driver” option.
- After that, you have to select the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option from the pop-up window.
So, this is one of the most effective processes of fixing the system thread exception not handled windows 10 error.
Solution 2. Run a Memory Diagnosis
This process will help in detecting any problem with the logic memory. The given steps will help you to go through this process and that too without any difficulty:-
- First of all, boot your computer in Safe Mode.
- Now, open the Run dialog box by pressing the R and Windows keys. Then, in the Run dialog box, you have to write “mdsched.exe”.
- When the Windows Memory Diagnosis program will open, you have to select the “Restart now and check for problems” option. This process will take some time to complete.
- Now, you will be able to view the result in the Event Viewer window.
After this, you can remove the defective files from your computer and your system_thread_exception_not_handled error will be fixed.
Solution 3. Repair the System Files
Corrupted files are the reason behind the occurrence of many computer problems and this error is not an exception at all. To solve this error, you can repair these files by using the DISM and SFC programs. So, follow the steps listed below to use the DISM and SFC method successfully:-
Using SFC to Repair Files
- Open your Start menu and search for the Command Prompt. From the result, right-click on the “Command Prompt” option and select the option of “Run as Administrator”. However, if the computer is not booting up, you can go to the “Troubleshoot” option. Then, click on the “Command Prompt” from the “Advanced Options”.
- Then, you have to write “SFC /scannow” and hit the Enter button. After this, you have to wait until the process is completed. The SFC command will just replace the system files that have been changed, lost, or damaged.
After completing this process, the Windows 10 system thread exception not handled error will be solved. However, if it is still not fixed, then you can try the DISM method.
Using DISM to Repair Files
- Open the Start Menu and in the search bar, you have to search for “Command Prompt”. From the search result, you have to select the Command Prompt option and open it as Administrator.
- After that, you have to write the given below command
- exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
- exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
You have to press Enter after writing each of the commands. Check if the system_thread_exception_not_handled error has been fixed or not. If the error is still there, then you can try out the next and final solution.
Solution 4. Update the Firmware
Hardware incompatibilities issues and existing bugs can be fixed by doing a firmware update. This will help to boost the stability of the computer. You can use this method even if your computer does not start in safe mode. But this solution can be performed only if you are able to find the correct BIOS version.
Follow the given below steps to update your firmware:-
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing the R and the Window keys at the same time.
- After that, write “MSConfig” in the Run box and click on the “OK” button. This will open the “System Configuration” window.
- Go to the tab of “Tools”.
- Then, highlight the “System Information” option and then press the “Launch” button.
- You have to remember the date and the BIOS Version
- Go to the manufacturer’s website and from there, download the correct version of the BIOS.
- Now, connect the USB device containing the new version of BIOS to your computer. Then, update the firmware by entering the BIOS.
After you have completed this process, the system_thread_exception_not_handled error will be solved permanently. This error makes the users unable to use their computers. It is very annoying and causes great inconvenience for the users. So, if you use the above-discussed simple and effective methods, then you will be surely able to solve this system thread exception not handled error.